How to use the Aneke beam calculator
- Insert the lenght of the beam and the position of the section to be calculated: the section will be identified by the distance from the left side of the beam.
- Insert the constraints: insert the constraint set by dragging and dropping them at the two sides of the beam.
- Insert the forces: select the external forces (vertical Force or Bending Moment) and drop them in correspondence of the beam. A dialog box will show up. Fill in the box and clic ok. The force will automatically move to the correct place.
- Calculate the stress parameters: there are two options for the calculation:
- Calculate the paramters on a single section: press calculate Section at xMT., the section will be the one defined at point 1.
- Calculate the parameters on the selected section and other relevant sections: press calculate main Sections. The sections will be the one at point 1, the sections in correspondance of the constraints and the sections in correspondance of the forces.
- Read the results: the results will show up beneath the calculator. The graphical representation of shear and bending moment will display automatically in correspondence of the beam representation.
The results of this analysis can be used to calculate the resistance of some specific section geometries.
To calculate the stress parameters along the single section as defined at point 1 above, clic "calculate stress in the xMT section" in the calculator window and follow the following steps:
- Select the geometry of the section: different options for sections can be selected at "choose section" in the up left part of he section panel.
- Fill in the stress parameters: as a default, the parameters of the section calculated at point 1 of the beam calculator will be inserted; these data can be changed, the section calculator can be used independently.
- Insert the elastic modulus of the material: as a default, the elastic modulus is set at E=210.000 N/mm2 that is the tipical value for steel.
- Fill in the dimensions: this will define the geometry of the selected section.
- Read the results: the results will be shown beneath the calculator.